Monday, December 11, 2006

Jogging

We've just started going jogging. I was a bit worried about getting enough exercise in hte cold. I wanted to get fitter before we tried skiing - if it ever snows enough :-)

I got a pair of shoes on wednesday night as I didn't bring any sand shoes and because I have orthotics I wanted to make sure I got a pair that would be ok. On thursday morning we went out at 8am (amazing) and we walked/jogged for about 30 minutes. There were no noticable ill affects except I was more hungry at lunch time :-)

We went out again on Friday morning and walked briskly (jogged for about a minute and thought it was over ambitious) .

Today we went out and walked/jogged along the side of the lake to Zolikon where we caught a train back to the hauptbahnhof. Then we walked/jogged home. I can jog a little bit longer - as I'm working out how to breathe and what technique to use.

I'm amazed at how easy it is to go out in 5 degrees wearing relatively little clothing. Normally I'd wear my coat and scarf but I'm wearing jogging tights, a singlety top, a long sleeved top and a jacket and no problem. Probably if I could jog more, I wouldn't need the jacket either. Having no cotton is definitely good. I would nevery have thought it was possible back in Sydney.

We are having a very warm winter in Zurich at the moment.

No comments: