Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Story

One today because it was we'd had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's and there is Kindy tomorrow.  Well officially it was because they didn't get dressed before the timer went. One of the library books:

Polar Opposites by Erik Brooks.



I liked this one because it part of the plot was that Polar Bears and Penguins live at different poles.  It makes me happy when childrens books don't enforce those common fallacies that get drummed into peoples heads - like dinosaurs and humans at the same time, polar bears and penguins playing together etc.  One might say it's just a children's story but I think there is a difference between talking chickens and telling children that  octopuses have 9 babies through a live birth rather than laying hundreds of eggs. (recent cartoon bugbear).  I'm ok with fairies and Santa and gnomes in stories but I'm not ok with polar bears and penguins living at the north pole together.  So I like this book.

No comments: